Social Media Video Marketing
Video marketing for social media topples other traditional copy and advertisements for your business. The video marketing landscape has changed drastically in the past two decades: a few years ago, television advertisements were the staple of any successful marketing campaign. Now, companies are catching on and are subsequently spending billions on ads for Facebook, Facebook live, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
Reasons for Social Media Video Marketing
Instagram and Facebook are powerful tools that are used by thousands upon thousands of advertisers per day. In fact, Facebook is the largest data mining operation in the history of the world, and business owners are trying to cash in on their algorithms. Convenient, efficient, and shareable, videos have been found to be 600% more effective as a marketing tool when compared to direct mail and print combined (study from Diode Digital).
Here are just a few startling facts about video marketing:
- YouTube has over one billion users (that’s almost a third of the internet)
- More than 500 million hours of video are watched on YouTube every day
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on the site
- 75 million people watch online video every day (in the U.S. alone)
- While users only retain about 10% of the information from written copy, viewers retain almost 95% of the information when in video form
- 80% of marketing professionals plan to use video to bolster brand awareness
Facts about engagement:
- End-user engagement increased by 33% when videos on Facebook pages were added
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined
- Mention the word ‘video’ in an email subject line, and the click-through rate increases by 13% on average
- Embedded videos increase traffic to websites by about 55%
- Video increases landing page conversion by about 80%
Online Video Marketing is Essential
The jury is in and this is what they say: if you have an online business or service and you aren’t actively promoting your site with video content, you’re behind the curb.
Just remember: when you’re not creating content, someone else is.
Video advertisement and content increases brand awareness and keeps your business current and relate-able. Some of the most successful start-ups have used Instagram and Facebook to wildly increase their conversions and interaction: for example, 700 videos are shared on Instagram every minute (Socialbakers); this demonstrates the fact that social media is the new gold standard of advertising.
Social Media Video Tips
- Keep it short and sweet. Instagram has a one-minute max for video time. Videos of around 2 minutes get the most engagement on the internet. Remember: all this new technology has decreased the average attention span dramatically.
- End your videos on a cliffhanger or get them hooked. Proper use of humor, videography, lighting, and content can help you do this.
- Optimize your videos for mobile viewing. Why? Nearly 50% of all video on the internet is watched via a mobile device.
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound. Make a visual impact and add captions.
Social Media Digital Content Development
At Adrenaline Broadcasting, we specialize in web videos, unique social media content, corporate training videos, product demonstration videos, and more. If you’re looking for a significant boost in your online presence and awareness, social media and content development is the way to go.
For digital content development in the New Orleans area, look no further than Adrenaline Broadcasting. Visit our contact page or call us at (866) 662-8563 for information on our services. Let’s get some work done.